11-11 efforts this year were a big hit at Green Mountain High School! Some of the things we did in encouraging students to make a difference in eleven other lives that day were:
- 11-11 You Have Made a Difference” cards – students gave these to people saying thank you for how they have impacted their lives
- We made posters for the staff in each department at school and asked students to sign them thanks the staff in that department for all they do
- We gave a goodie bag to each Advisement (homeroom/study hall) teacher with treats for every student and teacher in that class
- At the doors as everyone arrived in the morning, we gave out candy to wish them a good day.
- We collected “$1 for a Flower” for an outreach to St. Anthony’s Hospital patients and staff
- Students had the chance to decorate get well cards for St. Anthony’s patients
- Students signed big poster-sized cards for St. Anthony’s staff
- Students and staff did other personalized things to reach out to others to
We also had a Rally to bring schools together to celebrate the difference we collectively made that day. We had speakers and special guests:
- Dr. Cindy Stevenson – Jeffco Public Schools Superintendent – who we gave the Lifetime of Compassion” Award for her service to our district – since she is retiring in June
- Lesley Dahlkemper – President of the Jeffco Public Schools Board of Directors
- Colleen Owens – Principal of Green mountain High School
- Tami Bandimere Shrader – Guest speaker from Bandimere Speedway
- Denver Broncos Cheerleaders
We also recognized some of the most outstanding B.I.O.N.I.C. Teams across the world with the “B.I.O.N.I.C. Elementary School of the Year,” “B.I.O.N.I.C. Middle School of the Year,” “B.I.O.N.I.C. High School of the Year,” “B.I.O.N.I.C. Multi-level School of the Year,” “B.I.O.N.I.C. International School of the Year,” and the “B.I.O.N.I.C. Community Group of the Year.” Watch for the names of the recipients soon!
Our Community Service Project this year was for St. Anthony’s Hospital and the outreaches are listed above besides a hat/coat/glove/sock drive for homeless or struggling patients who are released from the Hospital.
A big Congratulations to Joanne Conlon our Student Coordinator for the day. Thank you Joanne for ALL the hours you put into making it possible for the rest of us to make a HUGE difference in the lives of others!!!! Our world is better today because of you